Sunday, June 20, 2021

OK Daddy-O

If you are reading on a smartphone, use landscape / hold phone sideways.

Daddio is a variant form of daddy-o, slang or hip variant of Dad or Daddy. A cool male. From the 1950s Beatnick culture. Ah, but is it Daddio or Daddy-O? And which came first: Dad or Daddy?

Pop or Poppa, or is it Pappy? Maybe it is Papi. 

I really don't think Darth Vader would have said "Luke, I am your Daddy" (or Pop, or Pappy). 

My kids always called me Dad. Sometimes my wife says "Daddy" when talking about me - on the phone - to the kids. Now that both boys are married, I have two new daughters. Hearing "Dad" from anyone but my two boys was (is now) very cool. 

I remember the TV show Daddio, an American sitcom that aired on NBC from March 23 to October 23, 2000. It stared Michael Chiklis and Anita Barone. 

The show's first season consisted of five episodes, but was renewed for a second season of 13 more episodes. However, only four (4) shows were aired, before NBC canceled the show in October 2000 due to low ratings. Four shows were aired. 

Four

Season one of Seinfeld, was originally called The Seinfeld Chronicles. The series name was shortened to Seinfeld because there was already ANOTHER sitcom called The Marshall Chronicles. The Seinfeld pilot was originally met with very poor responses from test audiences, and NBC decided not to pick up the show. However, believing the series had potential, NBC executive Rick Ludwin ordered four episodes - about a year after NBC's rejection. With only four episodes after the pilot, season one of Seinfeld is one of the smallest sitcom orders in television history. 

Daddio. Seinfeld. One had a Rick Ludwin in their corner. The other, not so much. 

To me, a business is like a marriage. It can be short lived, or it can last a lifetime. You have hopes and dreams, but there are no guarantees. I had to ask my wife Dianne (my mother's nurse at the time) to go out with me many, many, many times before she FINALLY said yes. Five years later, we were married. I was my own Rick Ludwin. 

I see business, and family, like a sitcom. The cast of characters can come and go. The ratings can be high, the ratings can be low. The road can be rocky, as there are never guarantees of success. 

But when it's right, you will have the time of your life. 


Family. Business. Family Business!!!!


Time of your life







No comments:

Post a Comment