Sunday, July 24, 2022

Does your Firework come with a report?

If you are reading on a smartphone, use landscape / hold phone sideways. 
Let's say I tell you something that you knew already. For example, "Did you know that giraffes have blue tongues?" You might respond "I was 12 years old when I learned that."

Now, let's say I tell you something that you did not know, that genuinely surprises you. "Did you know that the loud BOOM you hear when a Firework goes off, is called in the industry - a report??? Well, now you know.  

A REPORT is a component of an aerial display shell or mine. A report contains salute powder, a powerful pyrotechnic composition (usually flash powder) which explodes VIOLENTLY, producing a loud noise with the visual effect of a bright flash and smoke.

AND SO: "I was today years old when I learned that THE LOUD BOOM with Fireworks is called a report." Wait for it.......wait for it........and there it is.......... KA-BOOM!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was our Boonton Township New Jersey town picnic. Food trucks opened at 2 PM. Fireworks at 9 PM presented by TerrAscend NJ. Free admission and open to all. I love Boonton Township. Living around 30 miles West of Times Square, my town is best mix of country/city living. I can have morning coffee with my neighbor, Dominic the Donkey. I can jump on a bus (without Dominic) and be in THE BIG APPLE Times Square in less than an hour. Some days I get so much work done in the last row of the bus, that I actually feel myself secretly praying for a little traffic. 

And so just this morning, I was going to post in the Boonton Township social media feed, just a short "thank you" to all who had anything to do with the town picnic. Bravo!

I was today years old when I learned who TerrAscend NJ is and what they do. 

Now I don't know how the Fireworks portion of the town picnic came to be. I don't know if there was a Fireworks Committee, who searched for a sponsor. Or if companies volunteered to sponsor the fireworks portion of the day. And, I don't know if I am the only person who paid attention to the fact that the unforgettable fireworks display was presented and paid for by TerrAscend NJ. 

When companies sponsor things like golf outings, community events, maybe the local Little League team, I wonder how much thought they put into it. Does the owner calculate an ROI in their head? I have to believe that last night's fireworks (which was actually pretty amazing) cost TerrAscend NJ several thousand dollars. I would probably be shocked to learn how much a 45 minute long fireworks show costs, all in.

Here's the BOOM. You never know how your BRAND is going to be received. In business, you never know how (or when) your BRAND is going to get attention, or become highlighted out of the blue. You never know when someone is going to GOOGLE you, to learn more. Or mention you in a blog. I mean, I truly was today years old when I learned about TerrAscend, the leading North American cannabis operator with vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Michigan and California. 

And so, I already knew what a braying ass is, because my neighbor has a donkey. I now know what it means when a Firework has a report. And I am now sipping my coffee on my deck, listening to Dominic the Donkey (as he is waking up the neighbors) while I am reading and learning more about TerrAscend. 

NOT Dominic, but it could be......



No comments:

Post a Comment