The only Grandpa that I ever knew was Otto B. Strodthoff, my Mom's Dad. Otto and I had a special bond. Some of my favorite memories were playing golf with my Grandpa, Otto. Thankfully Otto lived long enough to meet my two sons. Otto actually lived longer than my Dad. My wife loved Otto, he always had a seat at our table. I made sure that Otto would want for nothing. My Grandpa.
My oldest son named his first born child Otto Anthony Capone. After my Grandpa, and my Dad, Anthony. So, there was no chance that when I saw my first ad for 'Otto - the AI that you own' I was going to just keep on scrolling.
So, I started poking around, digging and researching, to find out what's what about Otto. Who is behind it, is it real, can I get one, can I test one, etc. I always find it 'fun' when you discover something via social media and it grabs you deeply enough to make you click. And then click some more, and then go down the rabbit hole. Like I said, there was no way that something named 'Otto' was going to miss my attention.And I learned long ago that it goes ATTENTION > ENGAGEMENT > ADOPTION > UTILIZATION.
In sales (or just about anything) it all begins with Attention. If I don't have your attention, I can't sell you anything. Without your attention, I cannot teach you anything either. Then comes Engagement. Was there enough of a 'spark' to cause the person to ask for more? To take the call to action? To say "OK, I'll bite, what's going on here?"
If you get an Otto, what will be the result? Will it change your life? Or will Otto sit on the corner of your desk collecting dust, because you just never got around to returning it? Could Otto become 'the thing' that changes your AI journey? Will Otto change you life?
Fun fact: I almost hosted a podcast with the current CEO of Otto way back in 2018. Not really sure why that never happened, but now we might do a fireside chat all about Otto. We (the NYDLA.org) have grown much since 2018 as our www.CoffeeInTheClouds.com fireside chats | video podcasts now reach millions of people living all around the world.
And so, I am cautiously optimistic that we can become a significant partner with Otto. This month we shall begin testing, and doing a deep dive of all things Otto. If everything checks out, we shall be offering Otto to the 174K+ schools serviced by the NYDLA - and their alumni networks. The (hopeful) Master Plan: we shall become a Tier 1 ELITE reseller for Otto, across North America. And then, the world.
I think Grandpa (and Grandson) Otto would approve, don't you?




No comments:
Post a Comment