Sunday, December 11, 2011

Take a deep breath...

About a year ago was the first time I ever had “pure oxygen”.  I was in the hospital for a procedure. I had one of those attractive little tubes in my nose, slowly giving me a constant, steady flow of oxygen pumped gently and directly into my schnozzle. 

Oxygen is what keeps us alive.  However, there is actually less than 20% pure oxygen in the air we breathe.  In other words, each inhalation and exhalation contains only around 20% of what we’re working for in the first place – the oxygen.  The rest of the breathing process is just the “cost of sale” as the air we breathe is just going along for the ride.

I remember the first night that I slept with oxygen.  It was the best sleep of my entire life.  I don’t think I moved an inch all night long; I fell asleep at around 11pm and I did not make my first noise until 8am in the morning.  When I woke up, I felt twenty years younger. 

When I saw my doctor in the morning, he asked me how I was feeling.  I went on and on about how GREAT I felt, all because I slept with pure oxygen pumped into my lungs, and ultimately into my brain.  He said, “Well, don’t get your hopes up - you are not getting a prescription for oxygen”. 

After I went home from the hospital, I never forgot how breathing pure oxygen made me feel.  Every time I see a football game on television, I see the athletes sitting on the sidelines, sucking in oxygen after running as fast as they could run for less than 100 yards (and they were only running for a few seconds, in total).

If there is around 20% pure oxygen in the air we breathe, then easy math tells us that we need to take 5 breaths to get the equivalent of one breath of pure oxygen, right?  5 steps to 1 to get what we were after in the first place. And, if you are ill, it might take many more shallow or inefficient breaths to deliver the oxygen that your body needs to survive.

Technology is the oxygen of business.

Just as it is impossible to survive without oxygen, it is impossible for a business to survive without technology.

How many “breaths” of technology do you take every day?  And how “pure” is the technology ratified air that you are breathing?  How much voice, data, wireless, wireline, hardware, software, SaaS, Cloud computing, mobility, social media does your business breath in and out, every single day? And more importantly, is your business suffering from some form of technology impaired emphysema?

Many businesses are suffocating from a lack of proper technology - which is slowly choking and killing off their business, and they don’t even realize it is happening.  Their businesses are needlessly sick, due to a lack of proper technology. They don’t even know they are sick at the time – or - they don’t know how to get better.  They don’t know how wonderful their businesses could operate, if they only had access to better technology.  Just like I had no idea how wonderful breathing pure oxygen could make me feel - how could I know, unless you experience it for yourself?

For the past 28 years, I have been selling technology based “oxygen” to businesses of every size.  As the world becomes more and more populated, we all can see how having access to clean air is critical to our very survival. 

If you can see how having access to the most pure (access to “the best technology”) is the oxygen of the business world, you might see running your own business in a different light.

I formed www.MedicalTechnologyPartners.com years ago, offering best-of-breed telecom and technology solutions to medical and pharmaceutical companies all around the world.  Today we have 300+ of the Fortune 1000 using “something” from MTP, even 100% free services like www.MTPFreeConferencing.com

Our parent company, TAC Holdings LLC has now grown to over 30 MTP companies, all servicing different vertical niche markets, but all telecom technology related. Maybe TAC Holdings should send our 28+ years worth of clients and customers a little bottle of pure oxygen, scheduled to arrive a few days after their New Year’s hangover wears off. 

How healthy do you want YOUR business be, in 2012?  Just don’t forget to breathe….. 

1 comment:

  1. A really cool take on the technology world. I wish I had some pure oxygen hanging around for my finals coming up...

    ReplyDelete