Sunday, May 14, 2023

The Mother of AI

 If you are reading on a smartphone, use landscape / hold phone sideways. 


Here are some ideas for a good Sunday blog for Mother's Day:

  • A list of Mother's Day gift ideas, including DIY projects, experiences, and unique gifts.

  • A blog post about the history of Mother's Day and how it is celebrated around the world.

  • A personal essay about what Mother's Day means to you.

  • A roundup of Mother's Day recipes, crafts, and activities for kids.

  • A blog post about the challenges and joys of motherhood.

  • A tribute to your own mother or a special mother in your life.

  • A list of resources for mothers, such as support groups, online forums, and parenting websites.

No matter what you choose to write about, make sure it is something that will be meaningful to mothers. Share your love and appreciation for the mothers in your life, and help them to feel special on this special day.

Here is an example of a blog post that you could write for Mother's Day:

The Importance of Mothers

Mothers are the most important people in our lives. They are the ones who love us unconditionally, support us through thick and thin, and teach us everything we need to know to become successful adults.

Mother's Day is a time to celebrate all that mothers do for us. It is a time to show them how much we love and appreciate them.

There are many ways to show your mother how much you care on Mother's Day. You could give her a gift, make her breakfast in bed, or take her out for a special lunch. You could also write her a letter or poem expressing your love and gratitude.

No matter what you do, make sure your mother knows how much you love her on Mother's Day. She deserves it!

Here are some additional tips for writing a good Sunday blog for Mother's Day:

  • Keep it personal. Share your own thoughts and feelings about mothers.

  • Be creative. Use your imagination to come up with new and interesting ideas.

  • Be positive. Focus on the good things about mothers and motherhood.

  • Be yourself. Let your personality shine through in your writing.

I hope these ideas help you to write a great Sunday blog for Mother's Day!

-------------------------------------------------

The above was from bard.google.com. I simply typed into Bard: “What would be a good Sunday Blog for Mother’s Day? I then asked the same question in ChatGPT:

A good Sunday blog for Mother's Day might include the following:

1. Personal anecdotes: Share some personal stories about your relationship with your mother or a mother figure in your life. Talk about how they have influenced you and shaped your life.

2. Gift ideas: Offer some unique and thoughtful gift ideas for Mother's Day. Consider suggesting experiences like spa days, cooking classes, or museum visits, as well as more traditional gifts like flowers and jewelry.

3. Recipes: Share some recipes for dishes that your mother loves or that you associate with Mother's Day. Consider including a mix of sweet and savory recipes, as well as some that are easy to make.

4. Self-care tips: Offer some tips for mothers to take care of themselves and prioritize self-care. This could include suggestions for relaxation techniques, meditation, or exercise routines.

5. Mother's Day traditions: Talk about some of the different traditions that people have for Mother's Day. This could include activities like brunch, picnics, or spending time with family.

Remember to keep the tone of the blog positive and celebratory, and to emphasize the importance of taking time to honor and appreciate the mothers in our lives.

-------------------------------

I can see the power of AI. I did not ask the AI bots to actually “write” my Sunday Blog for me, but to help me to simply brainstorm ideas. To think of topics. To be a friendly voice in the room. Below, are my actual words, written on my laptop, from my living room at approximately 7:30 AM EST in Boonton Township, New Jersey:

"My Mom picked my Bride." 

I will be 63 years old later this year, and my Mom passed away when I was in my 20s. Often I think of how I felt cheated, that Mom was gone so soon. She fought cancer for years, doing all the things that modern medicine and science told her to do. In her final years, the chemotherapy really rocked her, but she was tough. 

During her final days, my Mom called me close, and told me, “Tommy, there is this one Nurse that you need to meet. She is an Angel. Tommy, promise me that you will meet her and talk to her.” Sure, Mom. Sure. I promise. 

This is not the first time that I have written about how my Mom picked my Bride. I don’t want to do it again, here, but I do think that I should revisit telling that story more deeply. I did ask the magical AI robots for some ideas about what I should write on this Sunday, on this Mother’s Day. Their suggestions were pretty good. 

But when I woke up this morning and thought: What shall I blog on THIS Sunday, on Mother’s Day - my mind went first to MY Mom, and then it went immediately to the mother of my children. And how complicated life can be. And how the most important person in my life (at the time) made sure that I met the next most important person in my life. Circle of Life and whatnot. How everything good in my life can be traced back to my Mom pulling me close to her hospital bed and saying “Tommy, there is this one Nurse that you simply have to meet…she is an Angel…”

It is now 7:50 AM EST. I cannot type as fast as Bard or ChatGPT. Like I said, I have told the story of how my Mom picked my Bride in the past. I have been known to post in Social Media in the past: “Everything good in my life, I owe to my wife” and, I guess I just did it again. 

OK, Tommy….. land the plane……… 

Storytelling is a superpower. Storytelling is in our DNA. My friend Prof. G talks about Storytelling here: https://www.profgalloway.com/storytelling I have often said that “It’s not who has the best story, but who tells their story the best.” I think that in the short term, we don’t want AI to tell our stories for us. I don’t think that we want AI to actually write the stories of our lives, replacing us. For now, I think that we should just be asking AI to simply help us to tell our stories better

I would be happy if AI was just our muse, not the creator. I’m sure how we use AI will morph and change over time. Circle of Life and whatnot. 

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone! 

My Mom

Mom's #1 Draft Pick






No comments:

Post a Comment