Sunday, November 30, 2014

A little birdie told me


I flipped my wall calendar a day early today - so that I can see December 2014. The last month of 2014 is right around the corner! I am writing this blog at 10:30am EST on 11/30/14 so by the time I am done, the last 31 days of 2014 will be here - in around 12, maybe 13 hours from now.


31 days!  31 days to fix, correct, adjust, review, reshape, (where is my Thesaurus?) EVERYTHING in my (business, home, family, LIFE) all things to put on to my To-Do List to make 2015 perfect!  

Yeah, baby…. 31 days to get it all shipshape and ready to rock and roll!  I got this!


Hmmm.  I put 31/365 into my Google browser bar, and found that 31/365 equals 0.08493150684. Interesting, Google carries it out to eleven digits. I wonder why they carry it out to eleven digits? Why not ten? Or twelve? Maybe I can Google that and find out. I'll do that later.


I added *100 so I now see that 31/365*100 equals 8.49315068493% of the year. OK, so let’s make it 8.5% I have 8.5% of 2014 left to go clean it all up, and make 2015 amazing!


Hey, that’s interesting. Putting in 31/365 pulled up some more interesting stuff. Am I the only one doing this today? Did others flip their wall calendars a day early like I did? Are they all having the same epiphany?



Hey that is a cool YouTube video of someone’s 31 days.



Wow, I guess this 31/365 thing is going viral!



Hmmm. Why did this come up? Oh I see, the photo is tagged as 31-365.jpg



Cool. This guy said: I’m watching 365 documentaries and writing about each one in 2014. Tweet your suggestions to @documentarysite, or send an e-mail to hmcintosh@documentarysite.com



Wow, I guess there are a ton of “365 Projects” out there. So, this 31/365 thing is quite common.


*******



Did you see what I did here?  Did the "theme" of today's blog whisper to you?

Yes, there are 31 days left in 2014. Yes, we have 8.49315068493% of 2014 left to live come midnight tonight. Oh yes, we all kid ourselves that the remaining 31 days of 2014 are going to be so, so, so DIFFERENT than the rest. But we are all human. We get distracted, we get diverted, we lose our way all too easily. 

Remember the quote quote "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray"







Oh, that one is the best.


******

I just did it again. 

Now, if YOU also clicked on (any, all, some) of the embedded links in today's blog, then YOU TOO have the same condition as me. Yes, I was recently diagnosed with a condition that I will have to deal with not only for the rest of 2014, but - for the rest of my life.




I am human.


And as a fellow human, behavioral change is hard. And as humans, we can easily be distracted. And we can easily lose our way, and get off track, and find ourselves struggling with "human problems" and we can easily take things way too personally. Personalities rarely change. After puberty, we are pretty much hard wired. This is why it is so important to fill your days with passion, because you will be doing SOMETHING every day, for the rest of your life. Why not make that "SOME THING" that you do for the rest of your life be "the thing" (or things) that you are the most passionate about?


But trust me, then next 8.49315068493% of the year 2014 is going to be so, so, so different than the previous 91.5068493151%


Hmmm. Maybe I'll stop planning out 2015 today, and I’ll just go outside with the dogs and make a snowman. I have not made a snowman in YEARS! Yeah, that's what I'll do! BUT - it will be the BEST, most amazing, biggest, coolest, most awesome snowman ever!!!! Let me Google that to get some good ideas.....

< sigh >



No comments:

Post a Comment