Sunday, January 13, 2013

Feeling Fluish


If you are thinking about getting the flu shot this year, check this out: www.flu.gov

If you do a Google Search for “Flu” or “Flu Shot” you will find many articles and posts, many more than you would ever need.  But the flu is serious business, especially for young kids or the elderly.

www.Flu.gov is a federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. - Washington, D.C. 20201

Which means that you and I jointly own the www.flu.gov website - we paid for it. So, since you and I paid for it, you might as well check it out.

I was due for my annual physical and I planned on getting my flu shot this week. Guess what - they are all out. My local physician is all out of flu vaccines and they don’t know when they will be getting in a new supply.  

www.Flu.gov can help. It shows who has the vaccine in stock, driving directions, hours of operation for dozens of locations. It is a wealth of information. And all of this information is free, it is easily accessible, and it can save a life (maybe the lives of your children or your grandparents).

If my local physician was not out of flu vaccine, I would have never Googled “Flu Shot”. I would have never known about this great website that you and I paid for with our tax dollars.

I wonder how many other cool websites are out there that you and I own, that we never knew about?



1 comment:

  1. you are the flu tom, plaguing us with your boring false reports, tom capone loser and a cheat,

    ReplyDelete